Thread: Corn Juice
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 07:47 PM
WRXRW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
Is the sucrogen type fuel the CSR brand that you can buy from RPW? I would have thought so.. CSR = sugar. Sucrogen, same same

We are going to try a 50:50 just to see how my injectors and pump handle it, and we'll go from there.. only because I've got 10 days before my tune to organise it, definitely not enough time to source injectors/resistors and fuel pump.

How about fuel line upgrades? Is that required or just heresay?

Also what do you mean about oxidised turbo housings?? is that only heat coated ones, or all?
csr ethanol is now called sucrogen bioethonol, most if not all csr branded stuff has dried up which is good as the new stuff now contains anti oxidising agents to stop things like turbo housings rusting. it has to be said that avoid using non csr stuff like elf or any others claiming to be racing 85. if its not green and doesn't smell like god farting refuse to use it!

i would advise against blending or decanting your own mix. it is so easy to get wrong and the margin for error is far greater not to mention the pain it is to equally measure 1:1. i did this @ 10, 20 & 30% and each time the case was being made for straight 100% e85.

i have used 2200cc's id's in the typhoon with fantastic results. it starts, idles and part throttles like a standard car on 480cc injectors, amazing stuff....all using the factory ecu as well with three 044's behind it. i have also bought a set of 2000's for the racecar when the day (finally) comes that will be running straight e85.

200 series teflon is the go but you could argue against it as no evidence to suggest that infact it makes any difference long term.

my ute will be converting to a straight 85 mix shortly as the stuff is so good that you simply wont believe how you lived without it for that long!