View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
You are right, thats why I mentioned it on the last page!

But it is very interesting to actually read how the GTR came into existance and why it became 4wd (because of the ten inch tyre rule for under 4000cc) and then why they increased the capacity from 2350cc to 2600cc (to run 11 inch tyres)

I am not slating that the GTR was quite a THING, but it was david versus goliath back then!

I may be wrong but i think you will find CAMS allowed it to run not FISA, otherwise the Europeans would have been all over it, why would they not run the greatest touring car (or sport sedan) ever if they could have?

I could talk about Group C and Group A touring cars all day, it's a shame they canned them and also a shame they canned Group A rally cars! but i can understand Group B being killed off!
Nope - FISA formulated the group a rules, not cams - it was designed and built to those rules. Cams simply ran the series in Australia - but the goal was to make it so you could pack up your car in one country, travel to any other group a series in the world, and run.

Much like the Europeans who bought their Cossies down under for Bathurst.. even if they did cheat.

The reason none of the European teams ran the car was because they were too busy with the Sierra's and E30 M3's - plus Nissan Japan dictated who they wanted to run the cars.

They had numerous teams in Japan, then Gibson motorsport and the private GTR that run here also.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]