View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 08:43 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Bigboosst is unrated

Yes, no stat warranty. But on any car sold from a dealership over the value of 4,000$ For three months there is a non verbal/written "Implied" (hence the name) Warranty.

Which states, if the vehical is of unmerchantable sale and does not perform as intended to drive from point A-B safely, for a reasonable amount of time after sale, then the purchases is entitled to a full refund, repair or replacement vehicle. (Was speaking to consumer affairs, and they too confirmed this. It's actually on there website, go figure.)

The rev limit is possibly 6.5-7000, 5k rpm limiter was just from the top of my head, it doesnt come close to redline =S i guess that would better describe it.

I've just had it towed to the AWN warranty repairers (they quoted 1000$ to strip engine, before they even gave me a report ect) So, im quite frankly not willing to pay 1000$ just to take the report to the dealer, for him to play silly bastards with me.

The mechanic (AWN repairer, wouldnt give me an estimate or even what he thought it might be in writing without stripping the block)

No RAC mech checks? Lame. So i gotta pay for another towing fee (3rd in 2 days....) to get to maximum motorsport.. Will they give me in writing (WITHOUT STRIPPING THE ENGINE) What they believe it is, and how much to repair? the last mechanic swore it was big end, and believes its more then likely the metal flakes would have stuffed everything.