View Single Post
Old 22-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Munted73 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
What Jaron was mentioning, is a couple of grand on tuning now may save you $10,000's on replacing an engine later... If you are self tuning and learning along the way.

The newer cars are absolute nightmares to tune and it takes some time for the community to develop complete definition files for all the different fuel maps etc that exist.

My advice would be to call MMS/RT and enquire about ECUTek if ASG aren't giving you the answers you want. This will be a much better option than dak dak boom since you might forget to tune a low load fuel map or something.

Also, if you get a CEL up after an issue, don't just clear it... Read the code! Find out what caused the issue. It was most likely only boost cut, but best to have all the information at hand.
As I mentioned, tried to but my ECU wasnt supported, if you can advise an alternate way to read the codes I would most def do it.
I understand where Jaron was coming from and appreciate his comment, Im not going to tune myself, but others can tune online from logs etc. I cant justify 2.5K on a tune from MMS either so will wait until something comes up.