Thread: Our new Sti
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

Well its time for some minor changes. After the IWRXOC track day down here in Collie and the wonderful "check engine light" my first mods are going to happen.

First prior to the track day I now have some powder coated 17" Sti rims. The plan with these is to run some semi slicks on them, but I need to destroy the tyres that came with them first.

With the Federal tyres and being my first time around the track, I did about a 56.4 with a bit of tyre squeal and conservative breaking. (my first time out with my instructor Steve saw a soft brake pedal after my first run), but the tyres are still ok, need to work on that.

Wednesday its off to Maximums for Brembo brake fluid, a detune back to 18-19 psi (from about 22psi) purely for engine longevity, its done about 40K since the last dyno run after Maxies did their last lot of work on the car for the previous owner (hence the 22psi dyno run) (and Maxies did alot of work)

Hopefully they can also verify all is ok "check engine light wise" The ECUDataScan showed the error as lean AFR on bank 1, but with no other errors. Using the data scanner on later runs, it showed the AFR from a nice 14-15 to a rich max on lift off, (fine so far) to min < 11 on full throttle. As long as the dyno run doesn't show any issues, all should be good.

I'll let you know the new dyno figure once they have been done.

Cheers

Tim

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/