Thread: Gran Turismo 5
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 01:37 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

ReppohC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX View Post
Im getting stuck at Level 21 - Need a full blow race car to get through Expert Race - GT All Stars.

Got about 1.3Mill in the bank but not enough to buy one. Any other races I can finish to win a race spec car? Perhaps i need to do more in B-Spec to earn coin or win one there.
I'm not sure how helpful this advice is as I actually didnt do any A-Spec races until I had unlocked the expert tier and have been working backwards since then. I think finishing any challenges you have left and getting up to lvl 22 would be the easiest way to get a proper race car; which you win from the lvl 22 Like the Wind event. Short of that you can buy a ZR1 for cheap, tune, race mod it, and then you have a pretty competitive race car - especially useful for the american series at lvl 23.

Win the B-Spec Mazda Roadster race. Wins you a Furai concept car (light weight, plenty of power). Use that and a Modified anything (GT40, SLS AMG, ZR1, GT-R), to Win the Like The Wind event which gets you (I think) the MINOLTA 88C-V race car (1060 hp, 850 kg). One of the fastest cars in the game. Use that to annilate everything else in the game (excluding X1, formula GT). Be warned though it does make the game extremely easy - you will end up winning most of the World Championship races by 20+ seconds and run rings around any road car races. I've got over 2000 km on mine (easily my most used car).

The SLS AMG is a European Hot Hatch as well apparently.

OTHERWISE if you are REALLY lazy you can use the Birthday bug and get most of the decent race cars through that... 91', 92', and 10' cover most of the decent race cars.