View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Scooby at standard level
Default Engineers and Modification Permits

Hi Guys,

Just thought that I'd share my current experience with getting my car registered.

I own a MY99 WRX, bought it from NSW and had it shipped back to WA. Whilst i was in Kalbarri a few months ago the country coppers had it in for me and stickered my car, with a full inspection and engineers report check. (the car still had NSW plates and was still registered in NSW)

Took it over the pits and they wouldn't pass, as i had an engineers report for the car but it was NSW, so it was't acceptable over here and the coil over suspension wasn't listed on the report, so they said i need to get one done over here, and have all modifications listed, plus a new exhaust as the one on there was to loud and had holes all the way along the pipe from the car being to low.

So the fun the began, sent off everything to the engineer to try and get a cert. for the car. Only took 3 weeks and the engineer had everything back from the transport dept. and all modifications were approved; except the things i needed to do was, have the car weighed, remove turbo timer, boost controller, provide proof the car is running at 5psi boost, get a 5 gas test done and check all emissions control is in place, brake and stopping test, provide coil over part numbers, exhaust noise to comply with 90db.

At the moment i'm waiting to see the guys at the place where i have to get a 5 gas test done, as they asked what modifications the car has so they can tell me whether it'll pass or not and what i need to change/fix so the car will pass as the test is $750 .

But once i've got all this done then i will be able to get the mods permits and get the car registered but till then, i'll update with the progress.

As for the mods to the car they are as follows:

Engine:
ViPEC ECU
Heads Over Hauled With New Valves etc., Machined Block and Heads
Forged Pistons (Friction Coated On Sides and Ceramic Coated On Top)
Eagle Forged Con Rods
ARP Bolts
Full Rotational Assembly Balanced (Balanced With Clutch and Drive Pulleys)
Bigger Fuel Rails and 800cc Injectors
Jap Racing Headers (Thermal Wrapped)
Full 3.5" Custom Stainless Steel Turbo Back Exhaust With Hi Flow Cat & Muffler
Top Mount Hybrid Turbo
GFB Under Drive Pulley System
Turbo Smart Fuel Pressure Regulator
Hyrbrid Front Mount Intercooler
GFB Blow Off Valve
Hi Temp Radiator Hoses
Oil Catch Can
Custom Intake With Pod and Plumb Back For BOV
Excedy Heavy Duty Clutch
Light Weight Fly Wheel

Suspension and Handling:
Tein Coil Over Suspension, With Front and Rear Top Mount Camber Plates and Lower Camber Bolts
Anti-Lift Kit
Cusco Front Strut Brace
Cusco Rear Strut Brace
Cusco Rear Diff Brace
Cusco Front Control Arm Brace
Adjustable Rear Sway Bar
Upgraded Front Sway Bar
Upgraded Front Brakes With Slotted Rotors and Race Pads

By the way, I wasn't required to list alot of those mods as it wasn't required on the paperwork.

Sorry for the long winded post, just trying to provide some insight for those who may be going through the same process.