View Single Post
Old 15-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
The Nexen N6000 were used in the Antilag race series thing as the 'control' tyre. I wouldn't think of this as the same as a control tyre for V8 Supercars or the like. They were just a cheap street tyre so no one could rock up on r-comps and smash some quick times.

From what I heard they were pretty average. I've never used them so I'd want feedback from someone who has used them before buying.

Unless Nexen is now Achillies, I've got no idea who Achillies are. And it seems a shit name for a company given the whole achillies heel thing...

Edit: Also remember that your tyres are the only thing that connects your car to the ground. Cheaping out on tyres means you can't put as much power to the ground, can't take corners as fast and can't brake as quickly. There is no point running cheap and nasty tyres and then spending money on mods to go fast, handle better and stop faster.
Ask Adz / Mel what they recon of the N6000's on the track at Collie...

Tech 9 will push whatever tyres they feel like at the time (over stocked, or biggest profit margin - like any business) My mate rang up for his evo about 4 months ago, and got told Nexen N6000's were the shit, then I rang up 3 weeks later and asked about 19's for my mrs VE Commodore, and got told N6000's were the best (value, clearly, because I doubt they are the best tyre) The guy on the phone then proceeded to tell me about Antilag running them, and how they were 1 second a lap slower around Barb's than R-comps, which I recon is complete shit.

If you are looking for a tyre that will be a good one on the street, plus one you can use on the track should you decide to go out there, I had Yokohama S drives on my STI, and I loved them. They weren't cheap, but think about this... other than your tyres, what's actually keeping your car on the road... is it worth skimping out on them... on a daily / bunky / family car, get whatever... If you plan on pushing your car, how much is your life worth?

End of the day it all comes to preference. I had heard good things about the Sdrives and so I chose them, and I was happy. Others may not be, but for what I wanted/needed, they delivered.

Last edited by ImPreSiV; 15-12-2010 at 12:13 PM.