View Single Post
Old 17-12-2010, 10:13 PM
STI Master

monkeee at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammybare View Post
Awesome! Cheers Kato. I've heard alot of pwrx members go see all star garage so i guess i'll try hit them up for some advice/modding.

On a random note I'm pretty keen on learning how to drive my wrx "properly". Are skidpans just about fanging it round and doing burnouts or do instructors/other pwrx members help teach you things like double clutching (something im keen to learn)? And is a skidpan something i can do now with a stock wrx?
Welcome Cam.

As Kym (ImpresiV) mentioned skidpans are a great intro into performance driving. Just bring your car down. You need a helmet (can be had from various bike/scooter/auto shops) and thats it.

There are instructors on hand to help you with driving technique (like corner entry/exit, braking, weight transfer and such).

That being said, if you wish to have a "play" on the pan you can be a bit silly and slide it around and usually the instructors wont care (just another way of finding out how the car handles at or beyond the limit of grip).

Dont know if double clutching is necessary (Though some say you can use it for a down shift from 2-1 from say 45-50k/hr)
I always thought it was for racing cars with no synchros (but Im sure one of the other more experienced members can clarify/explain).

All the other guys have you covered as far as mods so follow that advice and you will be plenty happy.

Enjoy the car and the club

Last edited by monkeee; 17-12-2010 at 11:19 PM.