View Single Post
Old 31-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Subaru Tech Division

[REXPLOIT] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [REXPLOIT]

Scooter,

Had I of seen this sooner, I would of replied. Yes, most 'baby TD06's', (Blouch/GT Pumps/ etc etc - not Trust/Greddy versions) are good for 350h at the hubs. (My 06 is a 440h rated one). True again, they are not BB, but as they are the smaller end of the TD06 'umbrella' - they do not take forever and a day to come on.

On the new donk, with some cams and head work, I would anticipate getting a Joe Sac like 350h. Albeit with more torque. (As I have some secret squirrels in the new motor... ).

Oh, and although I didnt actually get my SARD 800's tuned, as someone said earlier, decaps (816cc's) will be more than enough. Lots of people have tried aftermarket bigger injectors, and just as many have come back to the chop tops.

(Insert 'i told u so' comment here..... Jester/Stace/Rob... etc).

This here... is the crux of it all:

If you do mod your injectors, flow test them and have them sonicly cleaned and new o-rings installed.

United Fuel Injection do this. Ill dig up my receipt for exact costs. Seal kits can be bought from Covs, which come with the strainer baskets, 'h' rubber seals and o-rings.

Good luck in your quest. If you want to see the graphs of the Blouch TD06-20G on a stock 207, suss out my build thread. The tapering has been put down too wastegate actuator being too weak (9 psi) and me needing a grub screw in the BOV.

As others have said, its good for a bit more, so with the new cams and whatnot in the new motor, Id say 350h/and 430/440nm.

Brent.

[EDIT] On the Garrett opinion, if you havent already, touch base with Josh, (dak dak, or the guy with the M3 thread), and get his opinion. Initially, I know the car had an issue with a cat guts not in the cat , found after some digging around, but Im unsure of the tune post this, and its final power output.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]