View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Ok so I have a new challenger. Guy been with us for a while. Fixes retic for us south of the river Has a hiace van and mobile phone that he takes home. I have personally never met the guy.

Couple of months ago he was in Bali and when you cut through the bullshit putting two cents together ran out of money and needed to get home. Long long story short but he rang and asked for an advance in his pay of several thousand dollars (to get him and his daughter home from Bali). He had not been with us particularly long and had no annual leave / sick leave etc up his sleeve. We have done this before and every single time been burnt. Told him sorry but cant help you. Next thing some bird from ''the Australian embassy rings and say's they are happy to provide him with the money but not for another week etc. Reeks of bullshit. Mother says no dramas. Send me something official from the embassy saying you will reimburse us directly and we will send him the money now. Of course nothing ever came through. I would have thought that this would have been the end of the guy but alas he was never put off.

Anyways....fast forward to last week. Unfortunately the grass does not stop growing over the xmas break so my maintenance guys have to work through. So guy was meant to be back at work on the 29th December. No show. Wont answer phones etc.

Fast forward to today. Still no contact and does not show up at work. My maintenance manager goes around this clowns house to see what the go is. The van is all parked up in the driveway etc but no one will answer the door or either of his phones.

So tomorrow morning we are going to pick our van and we have already set his phone so he cant make any outgoing calls.

So my question is.......

Do we need to make a missing persons report or just take our shit back?

Brendon