View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepR View Post
Hooray...

SOMEONE saw where I was going with the half cage comment. It wasnt about stiffening the thing up Tino, it was self preservation. Im not having a go at all here, but look at what happened to another forum member at Barbs, and she wasnt even 'caning' the car yet? A simple 'mis-line', car got turned around, bam, look at the damage. Luckily driver/instructor walked away unhurt. Look at another member at Collie... times dropping during the day, was getting quicker and quicker, and one unsettled car through 2 and 3, look what happened. Again, mostly cosmetic, but with the power you have at your disposal, things WILL happen bulk faster!

And having bolt in front bars, (if that is legal??? i am unsure with regs/supps), on track days, would mean its still all kocher (spl?) and road legal yeah?

Tj made the most relevant post, its your car, you're going to do what you want anyone, so whats the point of the front bar questions/polls? Go with what your heart/head desires, as after all this time, its clear to us, money is basically no object, and the thing is going to fly anyway!

Brent.

Brent as i said to Jonno ill say to you none of those crashes involved roll overs. This is the only support a half cage will afford as they dont have side intrusion bars to protect against other impacts such as side and frontal. The only benefit is running a harness you would want to have a cage which supports the roof from caving in as if you only have the rear harness bar your head stays fixed so if you roll over you will snap your neck in half..

So i would only put a harness on if i had a half-cage as a minimium.

As for bolt in side intrusion bars im not sure if they will fit do to the interior door parts and i think on any side impact the bolts holding them together would snap causing the bar to be a weapon of mass destruction...

Lastly yeah ill do what i feel will benefit the car saftely, performance and cosmetic wise. I like to hear everyones opinions as it gives me ideas of what to do. My brain is used too much at my work so sometimes with these sort of things i dont have the capacitiy to think outside the box and i need a nudge here or there..

As for money comment, i forgo lots of things to modify my car, including holidays. Somthing alot of people could never give up and this is some of the reason why i am able to do what i do...

Work karnts hard is my only advice.. lols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy S View Post
Quit walking marathon laps at the plex and get this thing finished Tino!!!

p.s - stickers look gay

Jimmy, Dont hate the player hate the game