View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 05:22 PM
STI Master

meatbag at standard level

Got a new employee this week. Granted most people we hire are dumbshits. I actually request deadbeats half the time because they manage repetitive work much better and its fun to abuse them.

Anyway this new guy has been hired as a supervisor. So I expected him to be literate, competant and experianced. I'm showing him the basics of the job then ask him to send a report off via email... He doesn't know how to write an email... o.k. All our work is done on a computer. I teach him how to send an email, then try to get him to make a report on excel. He doesn't know how to save it. Show him how to save it, we do a bit more work on it and I tell him to save it. He tries to argue that because we saved it earlier he doesn't need to save it again with the new data.

Anyway, we spend a few hrs together and he continually just makes facepalm worthy mistakes everywhere. I knock off and go to sleep. Get woken up at midnight because he has forgoten one of the most basic jobs. He decided it was a good idea to ring me up at midnight asking for advice, then doesn't shut up to let me explain what to do.

/csb