View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 01:50 AM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level

I think there's more info on RSLC about the way it was regoed, he put it up a few days ago.

Edit
Don't worry about it DJB this vehicle was not imported under the Personal import scheme or the SEVS scheme!

Mark personal imports are a yellow plate job and must be owned over seas for a minimum of 12 months prior to importing them!..... You must provide evidence of ownership and from what I understand you must provide evidence of use and ownership in the form of registration, insurance etc whilst overseas. You simply can not buy an overseas vehicle de-register it, store it, come home and then import it 12 months later

Vehicles with a 6T9REPV chasis number were imported under the repair vehicle scheme in which a written off locally delivered car is meant to be rebuilt into an import shell and (engineer reports need to be completed etc) This scheme has since been closed.

They are 100% legal to register however I would suggest that you get a copy of the engineering reports from the Road Traffic Authority in the state they were first registered in!

Vicroads Fucked me and a lot of other people 5 - 6 years ago with compliance checks and were suspending rego's on cars that didn't comply or were simply unroadworthy.

An old friend of mine had 3 version 5 wrx type RA's that he was registering this way and my Gen 1 Series 2 Legacy RS Sedan was imported under this scheme.

Please note that you will not find a compliance plate on any 6T9REPV numbered vehicle as it is ILLEGAL to fit one! as it misrepresents the origins of the vehicle. If you have any other questions regarding a vehicle with a 6T9REPV Chasis number I would advise you contact the Road Traffic Authority in your state.

PS the reasons I would suggest you get a copy of the original engineers report from when it was first registered is for ease of registration and simply for the fact that I had a Police Officer who didn't know his arse from the law or the relevant information regarding 6T9REPV Imports that slapped a canary on my car for not having a compliance plate (although I tried to explain the way the vehicle was imported I didn't have a copy of the engineers report!) I keep copies of all the engineers reports and paperwork from when the car was first registered and a copy of a letter from one of the Department Heads at Vicroads explaining how my Legacy was imported and that it is illegal to fit a compliance plate to my Legacy.

Regards.
Kristian
Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.