View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Subaru Tech Division

wawa at standard level

One day 3 years ago I accepted a telemarketing call from a certain children's foundation canvassing for donations for abused children. At the time I was working in child protection so the call hit a soft spot and I agreed to donate $250. Thought nothing of it didn't expect to hear from the foundation again. 3 months later they called me again. Again I donated $200. Didn't expect to hear from them again. Guess what happened 3 months later and so it continued every bloody 3 months. At times over the 3 year period I was able to put them off eg in between jobs / financial hardship etc. These people somehow got my mobile number when I changed home phone numbers and were very pushy not accepting no for an answer.

Forward to October 2010 they rang me the week I quit my job I gave them a serve and requested that they not contact me again. The guy called Jason said they would remove me from their call list and gave me a receipt number.

Forward to the past week when I have received 3 missed calls from private number and no messages left on voicemail. Today the bastards got through to me and tried to do the spiel again. I advised 'Jason' yes same guy that in October I'd requested no further contact. He turned around and said that there was no record of that on my file and tried convincing me to donate funds by giving me a feel good story about the result of my last donation. I refused to donate any further funds and hung up. I then promptly went and registered both my mobile numbers on the Do Not Call register.