View Single Post
Old 24-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

JDM_STYLE at standard level
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr? View Post
Maybe you could approach ASG about becoming their dealer for headers then? Clearly they are buying them from somewhere that probably charges $700 each set and they are non the wiser.
I personally doubt they'd want me to supply them but if they want I can certainly point them in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmy99 View Post
The price difference is possibly due to the fact that ASG are a business... Along with tuning and mechanical work, they on-sell goods from wholesales at an increased price.
Business is about making money, not just flooding the market with super cheap parts.
Although I agree that competition is a great thing for business, under cutting and offering identical parts as close to half the price is not good for anyone.
A once off supplier direct group buy is great, but to offer these same prices to every man and his dog on a daily basis is not benefiting anyone.

That's not a personal attack Wayne. I for one appreciate the products you make available at great prices. Just offering an opinion as to why ASG's products (although the same as what you can source) are higher to Joe Blogs off the street.

In my opinion, if protohoare, or Ballsac or one of many other long term customers went to ASG for prices on the same products, the quote would look remarkably different. Again, in my opinion, this is not a bad thing. Long term customers deserve looking after like this.

I can guarantee I'd pay a shit load more than Ramon for goods/services from MMS
It's wasn't a personal attack on ASG, yes they're a business and obviously mark products up but I was simply saying the quoted amount of $1200 is a bit much even if it does include fitting and that's only my opinion.

I know where your coming from and why your saying it Matt so no offence taken.

Most of the stuff I sell is and will be ongoing and not group buys as it seems to have been, I'm currently being registered as a business with abn etc and will eventually have a website selling permanent stock and benefiting the consumers with a Passion for Subaru's and eventually other manufacturers.

I will continue to sell cheaply as that is my main goal to stop people paying too much for parts, pretty much what Rob "ultrex" has done with his lips, spoilers etc and we all have to start somewhere where were classed as backyard dealers etc before we get well known an bigger.

I don't want to make this about myself so I once again apologise to all for originally taking this off topic and next time I'll pm the person involved about the pricing etc.

If Stace or any other mode want to clean up what I've said I have no problem with it.

221.7KW-ATW 498.5NM MMS ROLLER DYNO & BUILT BY STi NINJAS, BUILD #318/600

EBISU SUBARU, SHIBUYA-KU TOKYO