View Single Post
Old 25-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
i just want the car to be able to take a beating when i want to have some fun in the early hours of the morning and when im coming up to some round a bouts, but most of all some track work
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
i only have 10k, but to get this thing going its going to be expensive anyway, or can some one find an alternative that is easy n cheap

im trying to save for a house
Ok, not trying to be another person giving you a downer, but... If you only have $10k realise this engine will be no faster than what you had before. Also, as usual engine builds go $10k is the starting price. You will spend more than that.

To go faster and make the use of a built engine, you have the following costs:

Cams: $1-2k
Turbo: $1-2k
Intercooler: $1k
Injectors: $?

I'm going to assume you have things like a fuel pump and 3" exhaust already.

Now if the MY10 is still R160, driving it like you stole it means you will most likely smash driveshafts and diffs. Diffs alone can be up to $2k each. If you smash them, you will probably do a gearbox or three. Upgrading to a 6 speed will be about $6k.

As you can see it quickly adds up!

I'd be asking the workshops how much to fix your current block, how much to replace with a new EJ255 short block and compare that to the big build you have priced before. If $10k is your maximum spend and $12k will make you bust, don't go for the $10k engine build as it normally creeps up.