View Single Post
Old 25-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Subaru Tech Division

johnvk7 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike 09 View Post
(N.B Are you saying his tune was poor and that is the reason for the failure? Subaru wouldn't be warning anyone about anything unless it is likely to put them in big trouble. Trusting a corporation is naive)
I'm not saying that the tune caused the engine to fail, I said in my earlier threads, the last thing I'm doing is bagging MMS, I know them quite well actually, and have done for years. I don't work for Subaru Aus, my opinions are my own.

My point is, things that cause ring lands to fail are, rev limiter (fuel cut), a poor tune, or to much boost. Basically lean running or too high combustion chamber temps. This is a fact. A WRX driven normally, not red-lined and thrashed day in day out, should not have this kind of failure. It is possible to drive a car hard and not abuse it. I think Nauli said in an earlier post, the way the car is driven can also be a contributing factor.
I think you'll find the reason Subaru won't honour a warranty claim is because the engine intake and exhaust were modified, and also the ECM program. Fair enough I think.

I still say build it Rick, there can't be to many full-house 09's around yet.
2010 XR5 Focus
06 Impreza Hatch 2.0i

Last edited by johnvk7; 25-01-2011 at 02:19 PM.