View Single Post
Old 31-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff
Default WTB: 5-speed box OR 3-4th gear for 4.11 JDM. MY00 WRX

OMG, LOL!
So motor sport doesn't agree with me. I still haven't learned that. And as a result of Saturday's little Speed Dome outing, I now have no third gear in my car.

My current box is the 'most unbreakable of all the 5-speeds' JDM 4.11, double synchos etc .
I'd love to grab a broken box and take 3-4th gears from it.
Alternatively, a fresh 5-speed of any kind will do me, and I suppose it must have matching diffs etc. Grrrrrr. Horray.

Anyway, I know there's plenty of doors to knock on, but if someone here knows specifically of any around before I start ringing, please let me know. I would like to get this sworted ASAP.

For anyone about to ask: after 3 or 4 boxes, no I don't want to go a 6 speed. I plan to save up and buy a car for track-only purposes and if it doesn't have one already, the first thing that's happening to it is a dog box. Not using my money to buy a 6-speed and port it over when it's not going to work out to what I want.

Cheers all
Alex