Thread: the end is nigh
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 07:26 AM
STI Master

Damo69 at standard level
Default the end is nigh

Ok so on my way home last night my piggy went into limp mode when i shifted into 6th doing about 110 kph.

engine lights on

sat there idled between 2500 - 3000 kph, i shut it off. for 5 or so re started it and all was swell except the engine light remained.

nursed it home and went over the car, found it low on oil (again) when i checked it 3 weeks ago it was about 1/2 full.

so i took the work ute to get some oil from the servo, the best stuff i could find there for "performance turbo engines" topped it up it took the whole 5 L, should have got some more. i left the car running for 5 or so, then nursed it to the shops to pick up something for dinner.

anyway fire it up for work this morning, i fill the apartment garage with white smoke. with a trail of white smoke occasionly following me to work, stopped at the servo enroute to work once again when i fired it up bellows of white smoke

heres the good part

so, who thinks my piggys farked?

best course of action

option 1) take it back to where i bought it (still under warrenty) - should be free but after my last dilema they will try and fark me over,

Option 2) get it rebuilt with forged goodness - 8kish

Option 3) try and source a forged crate motor / cosworth EJ25? 5k bargain + fitting, heads etc etc so probs end up around 10k

Option 4) EJ207 - only because a few people have had built 257 and had the same thing happen again. $$

thoughts

60.7 Long Track at Barbs
57.6 at RAC Reverse circuit.