View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Subaru Tech Division

[REXPLOIT] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [REXPLOIT]
Thumbs up 1990 Ford Courier Utility - "Tilly"

Evening all...

As 3 cars is too many for me, and I have EJ the 'Troll now as the daily hack / family bus / tow rig / dirty weekender etc, I would like to move Tilly on to a new, loving home.

I have owned her since the start of 2008, (having originally bought her to survive 3 months, as I was in a jamb), but now, 3 years on, we have covered many, many reliable miles together. She's honest, reliable, simple motoring. Theres no cruise, no power windows, no A/C, no power steering, BUT... she starts first time every time, and as I drive her like miss daisy, she has been good to me.

A brief run-down:

2.2L of petrol fury (Economy approx 500 - 550km per tank).
479,xxx km's travelled.
Rego due 26 Mar 11. I will pay an extra 6 months on it for a serious purchase.

Just today, (have receipt) I did a change of:

Oil filter + oil.
Fuel filter.
Air filter.
Spark plugs.

In the last 12 months, it has received:

A new battery.
A new alternator.
A new coil.
New spark plug leads.

In my time of ownership, this is its second or third set of tyres for memory, (still got good meat on the Hankook RA-10s, (195R14C). I replaced the fuel sender, so the gauge actually works, (from Ford, you wont believe the cost!!! ). I'll include the GME 3220 2-way radio, (it was in there, under the CD-Player, but removed as my housemate wanted it. He's now got a different radio, so I'll put it back in if reqd). There's a Sony X-plode cd player/wireless thing, (that plays those IPOD things), and speakers. The bullbar is retrofit from a 2000ish Courier, that I, with a little help, cut n shut onto the front. And installed the parker/indicators as well. You also get the driving lights. They work very well.

Thats most of the 'fruit'. A couple of photos now:

I've never had an issue with RBT's, being pulled over, etc. A policeman has never questioned anything. There is a couple of things I will inform a prospective new owner, but for the cost, (and I compared to Quokka, Carsales and Gumtree), I challenge you to buy better. It's moved many a house, tip load, motorbike, bunnings run. And has towed my 02 Sti on a hefty car trailer a handful of times, with no problems.

Price is 2k. I'm more willing to negotiate (somewhat) here, than on Gumtree or Carsales.

Brent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]