View Single Post
Old 15-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Vendor

gslrallysport at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave View Post
I am curious about one thing..what pad would you now recommend for street use if you have DBA 4000 rotors & brembo calipers ?
I'd go a European made (Spain actually) pad call Remsa. Remsa is good for 650 degrees (versus 550 for QFM HPX or Bendix Ultimate for example), and still low dust and rotor wear. We'll slowly be phasing out QFM HPX* in favor of Remsa. We've been supplying Remsa to performance street vehicles like Porsche/Ferrari/Audi etc where their owners want performance without wearing their ridiculously expensive rotors, for many many years, but only recently has the pricing become such that we'll be able to offer it for most cars at or near QFM HPX type pricing.

Remsa come with noise reducing features such as a relief groove and shamfers in the pad material, as well as a soft backing shim, all of which the HPX (and alot of others) do not come with. This is particularly important in opposed pistons calipers (like Brembo) where noise is often an issue with high performance pads.

Remsa to suit Brembo are $119 for the front, and $109 for the rear. Remsa to suit 4/2 pot Sumitomo are $89 for the front, and $79 for the rear.

* Yep, it is a gamble to phase out something that's been so successful for us, but the Remsa are a phenomenal pad, especially for the dollars, and I personally run them in the iLoad which I tow 2 tonne of rally car and trailer with and love them.

Last edited by gslrallysport; 15-02-2011 at 09:21 AM. Reason: their... not they're