Thread: Work Matters
View Single Post
Old 16-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Sounds interesting as I've never been asked to bring a whitness to a meeting before 'to all the HR/Business Owner/Managers out there is this a new procedure?'

Totally agree with nauli, approach the meeting openly as you may not have an absolute understanding of what its all about. Remember that Perth is an EXTREMELY small place so there's no point going at him hammer and tong.

I've been in situations myself where I've tried to pre-empt a meetings contents and have been totally wrong and on the other foot I've been in situations where I was expected to cover a lot of different activities outside of my job description as well as daily undertakings 'yes I understand that this is a part of everyday worklife but I am talking to the extent that I'd have to work an excessive amount of overtime each day as well as weekends 'where I wasn't paid for overtime and weekend work'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master D View Post
I have been more or less singled out at work & im finding their sights have been stuck on me for quite a while.

Who would be an approapriate witness to bring into said meeting??
Someone whos completely disconnected from the situation or a fellow workmate?
Depends if you have someone that can verify your work practices thats willing to come with you, I'd say someone impartial would be a better choice such as a close friend etc.