Thread: Solar Power
View Single Post
Old 28-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Brockas at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmurray View Post
Quick one... does anyone know if the rebate is for the address or the applicant?

I will be moving into a house with solar panels already installed but its only 1.5kw and I was wanting to upgrade it to the 3kw system.
If you want to upgrade the system, you will be able to claim the difference in rebate between the previous size and current size (for 1.5kW to 3kW about $1,000). This can be costly if the person before you didn't opt for a 3kW inverter, otherwise you could get away with it quite cheaply.

The feed in tariff is available to only 1 person. Therefore, if you have 2 properties and both have power bills addressed to you, you will not be able to claim the FIT from both systems.

The way people have got around this is by putting the bill in their wife's name etc (the name on the house does not have to be the same as the name on the bill).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete gopal View Post
Interesting Brockas,

Could you perhaps point us in the right direction in terms of what installer to use, what i should pay and what inverter to use for a 1.5kw system? i believe all inverters have to be installed inside (garadge) so what's a non noisy system?
We have had good results using the CMS inverter for the smaller systems. They are made in Taiwan but have a headquarters is NSW.
Anything bigger than 2kW and the Aurora is the one I'd recommend. They are only 57mm thick and are practically silent in their operation.

For a 1.5kW system there are plenty of cowboys out there that will sell you cheap china shit for next to nothing.

A PV system should last 15-20 years... I don't expect china shit to last 2 years on my car, I certainly wouldn't expect it to last 20 years in an electrical appliance situation.

For a GOOD 1.5kW system you should be looking at $2,400 to $3,000 depending on if you want 190W or 250W panels.

Just a side note, the 250W panels we have used always outperform the 190W panels... meaning at the end of the day the systems pay for themselves in roughly the same timeframe, and the 250W panel system continues to give better outputs for the rest of its lifespan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorotsuki69 View Post
The quote so far I have is $8500 for 3kw SMA 3000TL inverter with 190w Suntech panels. So if you say $7500 is where it should be please let me know the company that can do this price!
PM sent.

(trying to keep it non-commercial!)

Empire Performance - The best prices in Australia!
http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/empire-performance/