View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 09:06 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Sulph at standard level
Default Warranty question / advice needed.

Ok, so I bought a car from Centreford about 6 months ago now. (2005 WRX).

The log book, had the 100,000km service signed off, at 92000., which is a big one, its the timing belt etc, and if that snaps apparently its bye bye engine for these.

So, 10,000k's have gone by, and I needed to do the 112,500 service, but it was at 103,000 in which I did it.

Now they told me, after doing the 112,500 service, that the 100,000 service was never actually done, and it was just signed off because "it was the next free space in the service booklet".
They also said that my car wont be covered under warranty if the timing belt snaps, because I never got the service.

Now, my question is this:

I bought the extended warranty, covering all parts etc, now because the service was marked off by a Centreford mechanic, as being done, shouldn't the car be covered under warranty even though it was never done? Just because they signed it off?

Its a confusing situation sort of, and i'd like to know where I stand.

Also, my gearbox needs to be rebuilt, and they've said its covered under warranty etc, any chance I could coax them into putting in a 6spd if it's cheaper? or would they only do the stocky 5spd it comes with?