Thread: Aircon Fail
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 07:28 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

MCL at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxorBeast View Post
update guys, when I turn my aircon at first everything runs smoothly and normally as if there is no problem at all...... I drive say 5-10 minutes then I'll notice it stops blowing any cold air out.... I put my hand over the vent and I can still feel slight air flow.... but its like after a while it gets blocked off by something

I turn the dam thing off and leave it for about 5 minutes, turn it back on and its working normally again... but then the same thing repeats itself after 10 or so minutes it just dies again

Any ideas anyone ?
Sounds as though your evaporator coil is freezing up, but it would usually take longer than 10 minutes. Maybe i'm just used to truck ac systems.

This is due to the thermostat or thermistor not cycling the AC comp off and allowing time for the coil to drain off condensate.

I haven't changed a thermostat on an impreza before, but i think it could be a bit of work, as the gas would have to be reclaimed from the system to allow removal of the evaporator box unit to access the thermostat.

Cheers
Matt

Last edited by MCL; 09-03-2011 at 07:29 AM. Reason: extra info