Thread: In Ear Phones
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 07:24 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Tommosaurus at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by red dragon2002 View Post
so how much did you pay for your head phones?
I've read a lot of bad shit about BOSE too.
And...I've read a lot of good shit about the RE0's.

I paid £25 for the Sennheisers in London, but they seem to be about $80 here which is way overpriced.
Ton of bass but compared to my others the sound is quite dull. Still a fuckload better than standard ipod phones.
The left ear also became rather quiet after a few weeks, but like a knob I lost the receipt, so no warranty for me.

I paid $89 for the Klipsch S4's from http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/
They offer free express shipping in Australia, which is fucking gold.

Considering the price, these headphones are wicked. Very light, and very comfy.
They are a funny shape and have an oval shaped tip, but this has been designed for a better fit.

The Monster Turbines I found impossible to get in Australia. I found one store, but they were $193 inc shipping from over east.

So I ended up buying them from Amazon, but had to use Price USA as Amazon wouldn't deilver them to Australia.

So with shipping and Price USA's fees I ended up paying about $165.

Whilst these are awesome, if I had known how similar they sound to the S4's, I probably wouldn't have bought them.
The build quality seems a bit better though. Good solid metal casing, the cable is a bit pissweak though which is ironic considering Monster are a cable company.

I believe both Klipsch and Monster are made in the USA.

I was look at getting the Westone 3's, but they are about $350, and most of the high end stuff is the "over the ear" type, which I don't know if I will like. Don't know if I want to risk $350 on uncormfortable phones.