View Single Post
Old 29-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

malpaso at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwnz View Post
Hey all... watched the WCE game yesterday, and coming from somebody who doesn't really know the sport I felt the following:

They want to do the basics right apparently (this is what they said at the season opening conference to the members)... yet they would play high risk footy to get the ball upfield..

I witnessed aimless kicks, and players not taking time to make decisions before acting.. Easy turnovers ensued and players weren't marking up on the field.. There was times where Melbourne had three unmarked players in the middle of the field and they would simply move it up the field with little to no resistance.

From what I saw I'm expecting a similar result to last year unless they start playing with some better tactics... Would like to hear from somebody who knows about the game?
WCE played North Melbourne

but, as a weagle supporter your going to get that, or with any young inexperienced side skills errors and decision making are not all that flash, if the game plan is any good, everything will come to fruition given time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamoESP View Post
Yeha, Ellard is another one we were missing, but I believe his spot is up for grabs now with Curnow. Mclean....well...if he ever gets his body right and actually palys some games for us it will be a godsend. Same as Austin...perfect KPP but just cna't get his body right.
austin is a fringe player, always has been, mcclean has got his body right i just think carlton cotton wooled him for the first game (i mean come on, its richmond) same with andy collins, but im not sure why he didnt play