View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 02:20 AM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgwrx View Post
my friend got done with the excel rear fog light, stupid thing is her model of car fog light automatically comes on when the lights are turned on. i had to remove the bulb so she wouldnt get another fine
Back in the early 90's there was a known conflict between the VSR's and ADR's on the issue of foggies. Eventually a Police Commissioner's instruction was issued that fines were not to be issued until such time as the conflict and legislation were corrected; can't tell you how that has panned out to present day but since fines are still being issued, perhaps the Commissioner's instruction has since been rescinded.

Removing the bulb in my view would make the car illegal to drive. Are you sure that there isn't an accidentally knocked-on switch for the said light?. I've seen a couple of Excel models (one previously owned by my son) where the rear fog switch is near the ignition... easily turned on accidentally by a knock from the right hand - just like the GC8 front fogs switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx_AzzA_xX
Same with us. they had all the lights on making out it was a something massive. I have great respect for police that patrol the streets and actally catch people for doing bad crimes but the trafic police are just wankers. he said to us that the cops had warned us about it before and that its our second warning so he gave us the fine....funny thing is, we have never got told about it before and didnt even know it was against the law, and when we asked for proof he told us to get back into our car.
Hmmm... I fail to see how the police who stopped you would know that you had received a previous warning since such warnings are not recorded on database? Unless of course you had been stopped for the same thing on a recent occasion by the same officer or your vehicle/personal details and the previous incident which resulted in the warning were recalled by another officer when hearing it on radio?
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)