View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Sir AntiLag

RamWRC at standard level
Default Intermittent Engine Light Problem

Hey guys,

I finally got out of bed yesterday at about 12 and decided to get some KFC with a couple mates. Warmed the car up as usual and just cruised down the street. After about 3 minutes of casual driving, my check engine light flashed on for 1-2 seconds and then went off again. As this happened, my car seemed to lose all power, as I was steadily accelerating from traffic lights at the time, and then it kicked back in suddenly. I was like wtf just happened?

So I kept driving down the street, and then about 30 seconds later, it did it again. So I took the next turn off and drove straight back home before anything else happened, as I had no idea what was going on. On the way back it did it a further 2 times.

It's a '98 wrx, had an engine change about 1-2 months ago, and tuned with power fc through asg.

I'm yet to ring ASG or anyone about it, so I though I'd ask for your opinions first. Has anyone had this happen or know what causes this?

I had the exact thing happen to me a year ago, when I lost all power and then have it kick back in suddenly, in my old car. But that was when I was incredibly low on fuel from a trip up north. And no engine light came on. Except this time I had half a tank and the light coming on. So I thought maybe I have a dodgy walbro pump? But a guy from work thinks it's knock, and to check my hand controller. Unfortunately my hand controller died on me a couple months ago so I can't check.

Any info would be much appreciated,

Thanks, Sam