View Single Post
Old 13-04-2011, 03:21 PM
STI Master

Damo69 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave View Post

oh marry well and do whatever the fark you want
+ for marrying well

enroll in a commerce degree, shack up with someone who is going to be a stock broker

may end up dumping you for hookers and cocaine jordan belfort styles if he takes a job at Macquarie

nah seriously do what you love doing, i work in construction management and i love it. how i got there,

did year 11 TEE, decided screw this dropped out of tee subjects and did year 12 non tee had a ball in my final year, got awesome non TEE grades lol. (wanted to get into business management at that stage). worked at beaurepairs for 6 months as i applied for a 2ic trainee ship as I always loved cars., well that was shit $8 an hour, I was getting paid more when I was 15. Driving the occasional epic car didn’t cut the mustard.

quit that went to tafe full time which was 4 days a week, on the 5th day of every week would work at a government owned, private run fabrication yard / load out facility in Henderson in site ops and maintenance. Ended up working their full time upon completion of diploma and taking on capital improvement projects. Did that for 2 years, and applied for a job at a large civil construction firm. Did diploma of engineering (generic), diploma of civil construction, diploma of project management (Mr Diploma) while working with them at night or by correspondence in my own time. plan is to do a degree in Construction management at curtin but i mainly work regional, but so far has not hindered my progress in the industry.

Have worked with them nearly 3 years building bridges, monster concrete tanks for water corp and works on a LNG project in the Pilbara. My last day with this company is this Friday, On the 28th of this month moving to Queensland as a project engineer with another civil company to work in Mackay coal fields doing various civil works. Then hopefully the goal is for me and company is to move onto work on the Gladstone LNG project(s) when they are firing at the end of the year.

So once again I sort of just fell into this field, but I stuck with it because I love what I do…… find a job you love doing, work hard and the success will follow. Failing that go back to my Plan A

60.7 Long Track at Barbs
57.6 at RAC Reverse circuit.