View Single Post
Old 13-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Ok, I'll put my 2 cents worth in to this discussion.
I have a great respect for those who work in law enforcement, those who do their job to the best of their ability when having to deal with the dregs of society on a daily basis.

Here's my C.S.B on one encounter that I feel could have been handled better by the officers involved. It was 2am a few days before Christmas and I was driving an 8 seater Landcruiser with seven pissed work colleagues home from a bonzer work Christmas party. We get pulled in to a RBT in Forrestfield and they must have thought they had a DUI for sure. These 7 guys were boong drunk, fully Boris Yeltsin drunk, singing away on the back of the 'Cruiser. When I blew 0.00 on the breath-O they should have patted me on the back, said well done buddy, everyone's got a seatbelt and you've not had a drink.

Nope, instead they start inspecting every part of the vehicle, trying to provoke the pissheads etc. Annoyed that they couldn't find anything wrong with a 2 year old Toyota their parting comment was "rego expires this month, get that sorted out...OK!!!"

This was many years ago and I'd almost got over it but a customer of mine had the same thing happen to him last week. On P plates, Zero on the breath-O but instead of a "good on ya" gets a roadside inspection and a defect on his only car.