View Single Post
Old 19-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by karina2009 View Post
aha yeah i cop that everyday^^. my dog petey normally digs under the fence and pushes away the 2-3 bricks that are bigger than him, goes for a walk and when he hears my car coming home races back pretending he was there all along the goes crazy with excitement, and when i rev my car for him he get all excited and starts barkng. aha i love it :P
every wrx that drives past he picks his ears up to listen, and even knows my bf's car when its coming. theyre so smart. but i can say i like cats to. mine thinks its a dog, doesnt leave the yard, nstays with my dog all day playing and when my dog goes for a walk, the cat goes with him :P so s'all good ha
Thats pretty bad. You're rewarding him for getting out. Training is essential with dogs. The main thing is excersize, dicipline, then love. You should never reward bad behavior. Also you should ignor your dog when you get home. Greet everyone in the house first, then sit down and let the dog come to you. Then you are showing him that everyone else is higher up than he is. By not doing this you are actually making it harder for your dog as he see's himself as the highest and tries to controll everyone. He will then get frustrated.