View Single Post
Old 20-04-2011, 12:49 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Shodown at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint_23 View Post
Used to have both the WRX and Liberty serviced at City Subaru. No complaints. Brad and Luke are always helpful.

I now take them both to STechnic though. Doug and Damien are proper mechanics as opposed to "Service Technicians". Between the two of them (and now Dave and Basil) they have more experience than anyone else I know. What these guys dont know about Subarus, isn't worth knowing. So they are more compenent and cheaper than a dealer. Saved a load on the 100k service for the WRX.

I take both the cars there every 6 months.

Stechnic FTW
Will have to give Doug a call for the 100k service then - a few weeks prior from the sound of things. At least he isnt too far from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwnz View Post
I paid less than $500.00 :-) Subaru had quoted me $ 800.00 and over and I got quotes from two dealers. Doug put in all Synthetic oils too.. great advise and the car ran like a dream after. Hence why I'm so pro STechnic.
Yeh, ended up around or just under the $500 mark with fleet.

My car has only ever required standard service and I changed the rotors. Having said that, within a week of new rotors going on they were shuddering slighlty. Ended up having to get them skimmed at the next service..... Slotted rotors now dont look so slotted !