View Single Post
Old 22-04-2011, 05:52 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Unscrewedsparks at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxfiend View Post
from memory, pop the gear selector surround up that should acess two screws retaining the stereo surround. Shouldn't need to touch the ac surround at all.

can run the power cable through the firewall where the wiring loom goes through, just below the intercooler on the pass side.

hope this helps.

im a little confused by this, the stereo surround is behind the silver ac surround? so how would taking off the trim around the gear lever allow me to remove the stereo surround without touching the ac surround? sorry if im missing something obvious..... very new to these cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Allan View Post
like above ^

the silver trim around the A/C controls and headunit simply clips on and off, simply remove this GENTLY and you will have access to your headunit, you need to slide it out of the metal "sleeve" and simply connect up to the amp the following:

- RCA cable - get the polarity right
- Remote cable from headunit, should be blue ( basically turns on amp when headunit is on)
- Positive and negative

Should be sweet

good luck

Brett

Thanks Brett, that seems to make sense. will be doing it on sunday so will report back on how i get on. I have probably made myself sound like a clueless idiot, I havent installed a stereo system for about 6 years now but i used to play about with them in my various cars all the time. But i am a sparky by trade so hopefully i will get it right lol.

Was thinking of running the cables under the plastic kick plate trims that hold the carpet down near the bottoms of the doors, power one side and remote/rca the other side to get some segregation to avoid interference.....?

Chris