View Single Post
Old 28-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

I'm back! So after my little drive across the desert I have returned to Perth and with my car (finally). All in all at this stage I'm really happy with the outcome of this project, and can't say I've ever known the car to be as problem free in the time I've had it. Started first time on the morning I started the drive, and every other time I started it up along the trip. Banked up 2500 odd kilometers on the way, and have it booked in for a tune with ASG week after next. I figured seeing I have some time on my hands, and also as everything in this build is scattered over many pages, I'd compile it all together in this post just for the hell of it. So here goes, and I'm sure there are a few people that might even catch me out to something I've missed or mistaken.

ENGINE
EJ20 closed deck block machined to rear thrust
Rebored to +.5mm
Mahle forged pistons with teflon coating on skirts
2.5lt Spec C rods
STi 2.5 rephased oiling crank
ACL race bearings
ARP head studs
V5 STi heads
Kelford 264 camshafts with Kelford single valve springs
GD intake manifold with deleted TGV valves
GD Spec C top mount intercooler with standard blow off valve
GD engine wiring harness (uses coil on packs)
Bosch 1000cc Xspurt injectors
Kando Dynamics EL twin scroll headers (CC coated)
IHI VF28 turbo with oversized Garrett wheel/P25 exhaust housing (Team Twin Scroll) CC coated
Walbro high flow fuel pump
3inch turbo back exhaust/ stainless 3inch dump pipe
IC water sprayer setup

SUSPENSION/BRAKES
BC Racing Coilovers (Camber/Height/Damper adjustable)
RDA vented rotors with funky dimples
Subaru 4 pot front/2 rear
Every single bush/ mount/ bit of rubber replaced with Whiteline bits
Adjustable rear links

BODY
22b replica wing
V6 replica front lip
STi foglight covers
Peanut child catching scoop

EMS
ViPec ECU
Mac 3 port boost solenoid

I think that's about it. It's got speakers, boost gauge, AFR gauge (essentially Christmas lights), stereo stuff and all of those manner of things, but as nice as it is to listen to Lady Gaga and other ghey music while driving, it's not really noteworthy IMO, so doesn't really need much mention.

At this stage I'm still going to getting a 6 speed gearbox, but the funds can't justify that for a few months now I think. Also at some point I'll be swapping the rims out to something lighter and more suitable to the car. Now it just needs a wash after its little trip and I look forward to getting out and about this Sunday after a very, very long wait.