View Single Post
Old 30-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Two View Post
Doug.... HTFU. :P

I love the clutch. And your other customer is quite pleased too. It just took a week or so of bedding in. Its not as bitey as it was when it first went in. And the extra pedal effort doesn't take long to get used to.

If anyone is considering buying that clutch you are welcome to PM me to test drive it on my car to see if you like it.
Haha, he lives with it because he knows no better...

The best clutch I ever used was a Jim Berry 'Race Clutch'. A no bullshit, hard as f**k solid centre brass puck with loads of clamp yet it's so nice to use that even my wife can drive the car up onto a car trailer without shuddering, or stalling. It's in my old Legacy rally car and has been there since I first built it up for rallying ten years ago. Cost over a grand back then, so they're not cheap. (in fact they're not fancy either, plain black painted cover, came packed in a beer carton etc) Jim also sorted the clutch for Tino's car.
If you need a clutch for a special purpose then it's worth talking to Jim. Otherwise for normal WRXing, the odd Whoop-Ass or track day then you can't go wrong with an organic type from Excedy or Autoclutch.