Thread: Jezza's MY00
View Single Post
Old 30-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

Been a while since an update, but not much happening lately. Disposable income is getting funneled into the house instead of the car! I'm driving round my old gen1 Lib wagon to save on the high maintenance costs of using the WRX as a daily.

Back to the car...
Smashed 2nd gear giving it a bit of stick around some twisties in woop woop. Towed home free with RAC. Wasn't ready for the gbox to go so soon, so was frantically considering my options for it - 6spd, 4.44, 4.44 DCCD... Luckily for me, was able to pick up another gbox for $500 from Chris/redlib, and get it on the road again in a matter of weeks. While it was out, we stuck on the Kartboy gearbox bushings. I don't expect this box to last forever either, so still looking to track down something stronger/more fun to last longer.

Picked up an STi spoiler and fitted to the car. It's still silver so makes the car look a bit weird, but I plan to paint soon with a bunch of other bits...

Fitted my Cusco BCS.. tightened it irresponsibly but to be honest, it didn't make much difference, but I think it is due to the crappy pads I still have.
Also swapped out the tan-coloured carpet with black. Looks much better now, and I don't have to worry about keeping it as clean. Still got tan coloured roof lining and sun visors though, but they aren't really noticed anyway so can stay that way for now.

Waiting to go on:
DMS40 coilovers (without hats atm)
Whiteline H-brace - won't fit unless exhaust is modified as above
New front bumper
Fog covers - but one of the covers doesn't fit right, might need to shave it down.

Looking to pick up:
Some hats for the DMSs
New rear bumper.
Side bumper clips - skirts are hanging a bit after a few of the clips snapped
Fire extinguisher with mount for Collie

If anyone can point me in the right direction with any of the above, please do

And for the gurus - are there any in-cabin adjustment/control options for DMS coilovers?

Last edited by Jezza; 30-04-2011 at 10:30 AM.