View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Brett Allan knows their stuff
Default Instrument Cluster (indicators) not working properly :S

Ladies/Gentlemen (majority gentlemen)

I require some help/advice/opinions on a problem I keep having with my car's instrument cluster (It's a MY01 Bug WRX)

The previous owner was an electronics engineer, and decided to change the display (the odometer and the indicators to blue lights) I don't have pictures, but the lights were green, they are now blue.

When indicating left, the indicator comes on as normal, but to indicate right, this is where the problem is. The indicator light seems to flash sometimes, not at all, or random flashes and flickers, which is quite annoying, because I can't see if the indicator is on or not....

I have ordered genuine Subaru replacement bulbs from Ozzy park, changed all the bulbs around to see if they are all working correctly, which they are, and still, it continues to flicker and not work correctly, I have tracked down the indicator relay, which seems to be working as per normal, and the physical indicators on the side of the car all flash in time (so it's not a bulb gone in one of them)

Any advice/opinions would be much appreciated, if anyone else is experiencing or has experienced a similar problem: post away

Cheers

Brett