View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Ros: Dun fail the AFM on purpose ok? Just kidding.

Westoz: I can understand your frustration and I thank you for your input here. I also see your pt at the end of the consumer, but Rosco also has a pt and he has been working in the parts industry for a long time and he understands the ins-and-outs of the parts system.

One thing all of us must understand is that the Japanese manufacturers are so huge, that once they mass produce an item, it is hard for them to remanufacture and stock say another 100,000 improved versions of AFMs for the Impreza. What about the older stock?
All they can do is to follow a rule of continual improvement by improving on the next vehicle model up.

They leave the 'imperfections' to the aftermarket parts industry to fill up the gap.

On another note guys, how bout a D-jectro type ecu like the motec or vi-pec? L-jectro still has its restrictions for super high hp cars, but not that all of us go to the extend of forging our engines.

Hrmm also been wondering, with all the open source oem ecu protocol info out in the open, I am sure someone super smart can come out with a reflash software with an aftermarket map sensor interface to enhance the vehicle's performance, but again R+D costs are not cheap. ooopps back to square 1.

I guess it was a good argument and even me myself had to contradict my own thought process here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
The 'unreliable' OEM maf was only used for 99/00 Gc's... In saying that my current one has been in use for 3 years now with an oiled filter without issue & no output voltage drift.

How many MAF's have you fitted in your cars 11 year life?

P.s Subaru fixed it by not using it in bugeye onwards cars.

Back on topic.