Thread: MY11 Sti
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 10:09 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

spider at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Are you saying a brand new DCT 135i for ~$70k?

I was damn close to buying a 135i over the Evo X, but the price back then was waay too high when 'standard' options were included.
Hi guys

Sorry I've been away for awhile....no the new DCT 135i was about $85k drive-away....and the MY11 Sti spec R was $75k...after a good think about it, we decided that the 2 door bimmer was just too impractical so we set our minds on getting the 4 door Sti.

So I went back to Subaru to do a deal...the dealer said the best price they could do the sti for was $74,500....like I said, I have NEVER paid anywhere near RRP for a brand new car ever...I understand there is a shortage of these cars but I was willing to pay no more than $74k for it and told the dealer I would think about...after 2 weeks of waiting, I really thought that the dealer would at least call me back to see where I was at with my decision but NO, not a single word from him!

I thought that was pretty bad customer service..i've been a loyal subaru customer for years and expected a little better from subaru..even if they didn't want to sell it for $500 less than what I wanted, I thought he could have called to see if I was still interested...to me, when subaru is desperate for business, they will go all out to try and get it...but when the demand is high, they don't really give a sh*t about u!!! If he had called me back, I think I would have bought the car from him.

Anyway, things happen for a reason...after I decided not to buy the sti, I shifted my thoughts to the dark side and test drove the new HSV E3 GTS (6.2L V8)...my first impression....WOW!!! I've never driven a v8 before that day and now know why people say once you drive a v8, u will never want to go back to a 4 cylinder car (or a 6 cylinder for that matter)! Again, I was so close to buying a 2011, Hazard Yellow GTS but decided to do more research on V8's and thank God i did because that was when I discovered the latest FPV Coyote 5.0L supercharged V8 GT....I have had many cars in my life and i think this car is by far the best I have ever driven! I have never really like the look of Fords (and this one is no exception) but this engine is just to die for! The sound of the V8 is crazy...and when the whine of the supercharger and the crackling of the exhaust system comes in, it puts the biggest smile on your face...this thing is really, really quick! Maximum torque of 570NM kicks in at something like 2200rpm and holds all the way to near redline! Its really a blast to drive and I am such a happy man right now!!

I signed up for one yesterday and hopefully if everything goes to plan...i will be having one of these beauties sitting in my garage on Monday evening

Thanks to Subaru for not taking my business seriously because I now have a car that is not necessary better..but different from what I've always known and loved.