View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 10:30 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

catcha at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98kellrs View Post
Yeah it's definitely a lot of work, I've discovered that much already. I'm going along the lines of trying to get the shots right first time so all of the images (with the exception of a couple of the FXX) are unedited and uncropped. Most edits I used to do were saturation and sharpness and a mate showed me how to tweak them in-camera which makes a huge difference!

I am mostly taking them for the fun of it, and I enjoy putting them on the site and having them displayed in a nice way, anything else is a bonus really!
Hey 98Kellrs, I went to a beginners course from Kelvin Choong Camera Club Digital Photography Courses Model Workshops, Studio Hire, Perth Western Australia today got a good scoopon deal so decided to try it out. I had picked up a few tips from him today and the rest was just the same as other courses I had enrolled myself in the past. its had to cram basics into 8 hrs which he tried to do. One tip was if you take photos and people say WOW thats good, who do they compliment first ? its the camera as they think its the camera that is good 2nd is you and thats true.

A good example is like if you in a dinner event you take great shots and you show the couple the shots, they will say WOW thats so good " how much do you want me to pay you for that photo" ? and it all starts from there. When someone is willing to pay for a photo they know its worth something and you know your taking a good shot and are on a roll.