View Single Post
Old 13-06-2011, 12:12 AM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

RoughStilin at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX View Post
Nice parts. Sensible modifications. Who's tuning your ECU and what does Vipec offer over Verso?

Just needs some sweet wheels now.
Cheers Rich,

I have thought about wheels, but to be honest I cant be arsed. I figure, I am going to get them painted (maybe by me) gun metal gray, or black and keep what have for now.

The Vi-pec allows more control over the engine management. I guess the ability to fine tune the vehicle more over a flash or open source tune. It also comes with other features if you want them, such as launch control and antilag. John has pretty much answered the Vi-pec question above.

Evolution R boys will be doing the tune. There is Mao, Warick and also possibly an old Perth tuner who has not been on the scene for awhile. This is not confirmed yet. However if Mao wants to chime in and let everyone who is interested know who he is, then I am sure he will

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
My first verso tune on stock injectors and turbo made 302 hp. The injector where around 95% IDC on the logs. So anything bigger than the stock turbo you will need bigger injectors.
Cheers for that, Jungleboy. I thought they would be too small. I have found some 83lb or around 870 cc injectors for sale on here and once i get confirmation they are suitable for my car, I shall grab them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnvk7 View Post
Vipec offers MAF-less running, so can run any size intake that is required, rotated mount, K&N if desired. Plus inbuilt data-logging, per cylinder compensations for injectors, also, but less nessacary for a daily, is anti-lag
To the OP, nice car, keep us updated on how the Vipec goes.
John

Thanks for your comments on the car.

You are correct that I might be going overboard (not required for a daily use car) with the vi-pec, but I honestly believe I will a benefit from it. Not just the antilag wank factor, although I am sure I will have a bit of fun with antilag Just not too much Wanna keep that turbo good and strong.

Simon.