View Single Post
Old 14-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

RoughStilin at standard level

Quick update, for those who are watching.

Things got away quite smoothly today on the car. Until we tried to put the twin scroll up-pipe into position. How much fun that was . But Warick got it sorted out pretty quick.

So I have a information and a few pics of what happened today, and thought I would share them.

1. Inter-cooler off
2. Engine oil dropped and Spec C sump kit installed
3. VF35 turbo out
4. Old standard headers & up-pipe removed
5. New twin scroll headers & up-pipe installed
6. Began to take of the inlet manifold to get to a faulty cam position sensor I have.

The sump was a pain due to the location of 4 bolts on the rear of the sump which were difficult to get too. Had to undo the engine mount bolts and jack the motor up a little.

We also needed to jack up the motor again to get the headers in. At one point I honestly thought that they were not going to fit between the head and the cross member, but we got there in the end.

All in all I think it was a very productive day. Comparing the size of the 2 turbos was a good sight, you can really see how big this turbo is compared to the standard VF35. I am really looking forward to hearing this thing spool up

A massive thanks for today to Mao and Warick at Evolution R I was able to learn a heap of information about my car today.

I am off back up to work tomorrow morning for 2 weeks, so hopefully Mao will take some pics for me and keep the thread updated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0746.jpg (84.5 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0750.jpg (94.5 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0753.jpg (95.8 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0756.jpg (90.7 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0758.jpg (96.5 KB, 64 views)

Simon.