View Single Post
Old 24-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
Mine has more more bars than that and cost $1200 shipped to WA!
Maybe because its for a GC not a GR?

<-- gr seems to have a few more monkey bars

Quote:
It was put in by dieter for $2500 but then welded by a person that i have to keep anonymous about that charged $1300 to tig weld it (you should see the welds!) but this was all in CDS

WA seems to be a LOT dearer to have a cage done, i could have had a fantastic cage built back home by YT for $3-4K total starting from scratch!

Dieter did a fantastic job and he even mounted the seats on proper rails that were welded to the body and then the seat rails could mount to them! i could be wrong but i think he also did Franz's cage!

But if we are arguing about cromo v steel i would still go steel, can't see the benefit of cromo only a small weight saving but the cost is prohibitive!
Why did it cost $2500 to have it "put in" and then another $1300 to weld? what extra work was required? Thats why I don't like Bond cages... the CC.co.uk is pre cut and profiled and ready to go in the car.. no extra work needed.

Franz has a bolt in

as for the CDS/T45 debate, there is a 15% weight saving in the GC design going to T45 but a 35% increase in price. for 7kgs... worth it ?