View Single Post
Old 26-06-2011, 11:20 PM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_STYLE View Post
Considering they still sell for $45k-55k still in Japan for low kms examples and not damaged ones then add import taxes, registration and stamp duty it all adds up. (plus 12mths woth of rego and living expenses OS)

How much are they selling it for overseas? Is it the one on Xmas Island or one in Singas? (Sounds that way since you say registered in 2008 and thats how they class them in MY, SG and CI)

How much it's worth is how much you're prepared to pay for it.

As Stace said, just get an RA-R if you can find one, a member on here got one for mid $30k and imported it to NZ from Japan.
And the reality of the majority market for said vehicles would be to sell to a minority. Given, to my knowledge, I'm the only locally based s204 built to spec what precedence is there? I'm also of the assumption the original question by OP is to gauge real world value in buying and potentially selling in the Aussie market. A 204 is now reaching 5 years old. The heritage value doesn't exist so the uniqueness recognized by a knowledgeable minority.

Its not a sound investment if you want to cash in on a collectable. Return on investment is not justifiable. BUT if you want the ultimate oem package, then it's worthwhile for the driving nirvana when compared to the local offering.

Last edited by EXPLICIT; 26-06-2011 at 11:26 PM.