View Single Post
Old 27-06-2011, 02:10 AM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

JDM_STYLE at standard level

My comment should have been more clear about what I meant.

I was just talking conversions in general as an example, also the comment of paying double is because some people have thought it would cost X amount then small problems etc blow that amount right out costing way more than originally budgeted for if they went the conversion route.

So a reasonable priced complete car might have slighlty more appeal if priced right and not exorbitantly, so you'd have to weigh up the price to the market your targeting.

Yes its better to Target the minority market as to most the 204 is just a badge and car with some extras, so the market value might not seem much over the local models.

When my car came in it was over $55k plus all the other costs and the first owner tried to sell it for $99k which is crack money, then $70k, $65k, $60k then $55k and I got him down quite a bit more because he was desperate.

He obviously thought it was similar to a 22B in rareness and value but its definitely not the case at all and thought he could turn a massive profit.

I'd say if you looked at that niche market you could get anywhere from $50-55k but it may take sometime to sell and if you wanted to sell quick then $45-50k would be a fair price.

Shannons valued mine and covered it for $60k but selling for that price is another story.

Most of the so called premium asking price over the std aus STi would be just the fact that the car was never sold here which may give it that extra appeal apart from the extra goodies it comes with as std.

I personally think that an RA-R or an R205 would command a higher price if you intend to buy a car for the purpose of making a little extra.

***Late night head cold post so to the OP if my post sounds jibberish I'll make it more clearly in the morn haha.

221.7KW-ATW 498.5NM MMS ROLLER DYNO & BUILT BY STi NINJAS, BUILD #318/600

EBISU SUBARU, SHIBUYA-KU TOKYO