View Single Post
Old 28-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

RoughStilin at standard level

AFM maybe? However I have been told that it is rare for them to go on the GBD models. Saying that my mate has a GDA and he has been through 3 of them.

I had an issue similar to yours, but my rpm was dipping down and making the car shake when coming to idle or whilst sitting at idle at traffic lights etc.

My car would also not start sometimes, which I thought was a separate issue. I was 90% convinced it was the Brant system causing these issues. I was also throwing a CEL which would clear after 5 starts of the car.

I have a ecudatascan and tried to pull the code with the CEL on, but only after I had restarted the car after the initial light came on. Say, the second start after the 5 to clear the code, if that makes sense. No codes found it kept telling me. I kept looking at the dash CEL scratching my head.

I managed to get the code pulled at Evolution R, whilst it was on the dyno. Turned out it was a dodgy cam angle sensor. Not sure why the code cleared after the first re start, but I don’t really care as I have now found my problem.

Just need to get the code read on yours and go from there I guess.

Simon.