Thread: Perth Workshops
View Single Post
Old 29-06-2011, 09:23 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

SupaFly at standard level

I take back what i said about ck autos lol.. gonna have a rant.

I went there today after a 2week wait to have my Grimmspeed upppipe installed, so i proceeded to show him the hole.. when i did he said oh that's no an uppipe! this is your uppipe=> points to the down pipe.. 'See it goes UP' i said ahh.. no i think this is the uppipe.. (after showing pics of it on this forum and people clearrly saying its an up-pipe.. plus the pipe i ordered... ah anyway

He proceeded to take me into the shop and show me a my01 engine, he looked at the proper Uppipe and i pulled out my grimmspeed one and showed him the label on the box and how it looks identical to the uppipe on the engine... anyway he said OH.. it wont fit!... then proceeded to say its a massive job because he has to remove the heatshield.................plus the bolts on the turbo are not going to come off apparently.. even though he hasn't even tried.. so he was like i cant give you the quoted price of $150...+ he needs the car for 2 days to install the pipe... when it's a 2hr or so job for a normal person with the included instructional video grimmspeed provides.

Sigh..i left there very doubtful and worried!.. but ill let you know how it turns out..