View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Scoobie Noobie

matt_in_perth at standard level

I was under the assumption that both the red light and speed cameras photo was taken of the back of the car and not in any other direction including the opposite direction (hence why the flash is aimed at the rear of the passing car. Therefore a red light evidence photo shows the red light and the car that has crossed over the line. The second photo can prove the induction loop speed calculation is correct as the distance the car travels between the 2 photos can be measured. The video is useful if an accident occurs.

When I looked the first time these came out, I didn't see the induction loop in the opposite direction after the line (not to be confused with the induction loops before the line that are at most traffic light so the traffic light controller known when traffic is waiting). I will have a closer look soon.